Intermittent fasting (IF) is becoming very popular around the world in the fitness industry. People use it as a weight or fat loss technique.
What is Intermittent Fasting (IF)?
It is the way you manage your eating pattern. But make sure you are eating a caloric deficit diet. Otherwise weight loss will just remain a goal.
It can be described as an eating pattern. It is more natural than common eating pattern.
Different Methods For Intermittent Fasting (IF)
1. 16/8 Pattern (16 hours of fasting and 8 hours of eating window)
2. 18/6 Pattern (18 hours of fasting and 6 hours of eating window)
3. 20/4 Pattern (20 hours of fasting and 4 hours of eating window)
4. 5:2 Diet (Alternate Day fasting)
5 Restricting calories for two days and eat whatever you want for other five days.
6. OMAD (one meal a day)
But for a beginner 16 hours fast is comfortable, after that you can extend fasting hours.
Pros of intermittent fasting:
There are many benefits of Intermittent Fasting but I will state a few of them,
1. It improves your mood and keeps you motivated.
2. It prevents many diseases. (THERE ARE MANY… SO ILL TELL YOU ABOUT IT IN THE NEXT BLOG)
3. Improves sleep. ( who doesn’t love to sleep )
4. It will help you in improving your concentration, keeps your brain sharp.
5. It does not affect you daily performance.
6. It slows aging- It is the most effective to increase life span.
7. When you fast, your cells are able to detox and recycle, so your body can slow down aging and even prevent some diseases.
Intermittent Fasting (IF) Lifestyle
Intermittent fasting is a very simple and easy lifestyle to improve your health. People tend to get tired with cooking in their diet. So it is best for losing or maintaining weight for you. But it may or may not suit you, so please consult your doctor before trying Intermittent Fasting.